Bitcoins for cash? That is possible with Saturn. In selected branches in Germany you can exchange euro notes for cryptocurrencies at a machine.
Appropriate vending machines were set up in some MediaMarkt stores in Austria as early as 2021. In 2022 they followed suit in this country. At the start, bitcoins were available in three Saturn branches in Germany, but the range has since been expanded. Saturn works with the provider “Kurant” for the offer.
Where can you get Bitcoins and Ethereum at the ATMs at Saturn?
Since the beginning of May 2022, the crypto ATMs from the provider “Kurant” can be found at these three locations:
- Cologne, Hohe Strasse
- Frankfurt, Zeil
- Dortmund, City
At the beginning of 2023, the Bitcoin offer will also start in these places:
- Hamburg old town, Mönckebergstrasse
- Berlin Alexanderplatz
- Munich, Neuhauser Strasse
- Dresden Mickten, Peschelstrasse
- Mainz, Haifa-Allee
But before you rush off to visit one of the branches, you should consider a few things. This is how the crypto purchase works at Saturn:
- Then you can go to Saturn. Select the euro amount that you want to spend on the virtual currency.
- In the wallet app you create a QR code.
- this code you scan at the machine a.
- Then you can yours Put cash in the machineto top up your digital wallet with the corresponding bitcoins.
- In addition to Bitcoins (BTC), you can also buy Ethereum (ETC).
Unlike in Austria, you can only buy bitcoins at the machines in Germany, not sell them. This is due to stricter requirements.
Exchange bitcoins for cash
Fees apply for the process. The current bitcoin rate and the fees incurred are displayed on the machine before the transaction.
current is the largest provider of crypto ATMs. Currently there are already over 34,000 such local places for buying crypto. Most of them are located in the USA. The first three machines in the Saturn branches are to initiate a six-month test phase. Depending on how well the offer is accepted, other machines throughout Germany are likely to follow.
If you don’t have a Saturn branch nearby and still want to buy bitcoins, you can use a crypto trading app like “Trade Republic”.