With SafeSearch, Google has built its own service into its search engine, which avoids inappropriate content such as offensive images in the search. If you want to turn off this security filter, you can disable Google SafeSearch.
Google itself indicatesthat while the Google SafeSearch filter is not “100% accurate,” it is still an effective way to remove adult content from Google search results. The filter only works for Google search. Google has no influence on explicit content on websites.
Turn off Google SafeSearch
If you want to deactivate Google SafeSearch on the PC, this is how it works:
- Gets the settings for the Search on Google on. You can reach them via the “Settings” button on the Google homepage.
- Then controls thesearch settings” at.
- Here you will find the SafeSearch Filters section.
- Check the box under “Enable SafeSearch” if you want to prevent potentially inappropriate images and links from appearing in Google searches.
- If you want to turn off the search filter, removes the hook.
SafeSearch can also be deactivated or activated on Android.
- To do this, open the Google app.
- Select the settings there via the three bars and call up the settings for “Accounts & Privacy”.
- Here you will find the options for the “SafeSearch Filter” in the lower area.
On the iPhone or iPad you can access the settings via the gear icon. Here you select “Smart” or “Strict” for the adult search.
Set up Google SafeSearch
If you, as parents, want to avoid your offspring tampering with the settings and turning off Google SafeSearch on their own, you can do so Lock SafeSearch settings permit. To do this, select “Block SafeSearch” in the settings. Note that deleting cookies in your browser may also remove your safe search settings. If you want to switch off Google SafeSearch again, remove the corresponding setting as described above. Note that you can only make the setting with the Google account with which you have already blocked SafeSearch.
Google strictly enforces parental controls. If you are urgently looking for explicit content, you can also use Bing or DuckDuckGo to get alternative search results.
Read with us how to set up parental controls on Android.