Observing players will have noticed that in Hogwarts Legacy the seasons change after you’ve made certain progress in the main quests. But can the seasons be changed manually? We investigate the question and show the differences between the seasons.
Can you change seasons in Hogwarts Legacy?
Unfortunately, you cannot change the seasons yourself. The change between spring, summer, autumn and winter occurs automatically as the story progresses. After completing certain main missions, a short cutscene will always show you the transition from summer to fall, winter to spring, and spring to summer.
After the end of the story, the game stays in the summery season forever. Unfortunately, there is no way that you can trigger the switch yourself in the endgame. For now, we can only hope that this feature might find its way into the game in a future update. By the way: Even if the season change does not work manually, you can always change the time of day if you want.
Change seasons via mod (PC)
If you’re playing Hogwarts Legacy on PC, you can change the seasons with a mod. Charge yourself first Download the UETools mod from the Nexus Mods page.
A notice: Make a backup copy of your game files before installing the mod!
Then proceed as follows to install the mod:
- Go to the Hogwarts Legacy installation directory and look for the path …\Phoenix\Content\Paks
- Check if you already have one here mods folder have. If not, create one.
- Now copies the content from the mod download to this folder.
- Start the game and press in the main menu F8 keyto bring up the Blueprints Apparate Modloader.
- Enter “UETools” in the text window and confirm with the Enter key.
- Now press the circumflex key (^) to bring up the developer console
- Type “UETools_Help” or “HL_Help” and trigger the command next to the entry “weather/season change” to change the season.
What changes with the change of seasons?
The look sometimes changes drastically with the seasons. Here are just a few examples:
- Autumn is Hogsmeade and the Hogwarts school grounds Decorated with pumpkins for Halloween.
- In winter the landscape is partial covered by snow. You can also discover snowmen.
- Definitely visit the great hall of hogwarts in wintertime. This is then decorated for Christmas.
The following video will show you how the differences between the seasons also in a little more detail: