Sony PlayStation announced its partnership with Discord in May 2021. The time has finally come, Discord is available and usable on the PS5. In the following, we will tell you how to link your accounts and how to join a Sprachhat.
Update & important note: Discord has been available on the PS5 since March 8, 2023. We have updated the guide accordingly. If you in the have already linked your PSN and Discord accounts in the past, to indicate which game you are currently playing, do you need to relink your accounts about the new ones Get permissions for Discord voice chat. If you participated in the beta of the system software and already linked your accounts during the beta, you do not need to link them again. Incidentally, Discord will not appear on the PS4.
Link Discord to PlayStation Account
The first thing you need to do is make sure your PS5 has the latest system update, otherwise you won’t be able to use Discord. After that you have to Link Discord account to your PlayStation account. You can either on the PlayStation website, on your PS5 or on the Discord app (PC or smartphone app). Incidentally, you do not need an active PS Plus membership for the link.
If you the Create shortcut on your PS5 want, go as follows:
- go to “Ideas” (gear top right) > “Users and Accounts” > “Linked Services”.
- Chooses discord from the list and follow the onscreen instructions to link your accounts.
If you the Create shortcut in Discord app want, go as follows:
- Open the Discord app on your PC, smartphone or browser.
- go to “User Preferences” > “Connections” > “Add to” and choose that PlayStation logo out of.
- reports you in the next step with yours PSN ID and your password and confirms that you want to link the accounts.
Once linked, you can use Discord to control whether you want your online ID to appear on your profile and whether you want PlayStation Network to appear as your status. In order for Discord to show your PSN status and your game, you have to make sure in advance that you are in the PSN Privacy Settings under PSN Online Status > Now Game set to Everyone.
Join Discord voice chat on your PS5
You can now participate in Discord voice chats on your PlayStation 5. This also allows you to talk to friends on other platforms. After linking your accounts, you can now start or join a Discord voice chat on your PS5. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Open the Discord app on your mobile device or computer, log into Discord with your account and start or join a voice channel. Make sure your Discord app is up to date.
- On your mobile device or computer, select the option to join on PlayStation and then select your PS5 console from the list that appears. When your PS5 console is successfully connected to the voice channel, a notification will appear on your PS5 screen.
- Select Show Discord voice chat in the notification on your PS5 console screen to open the Discord voice chat card. You can also select the voice chat card from the Control Center (menu). Now you can talk to other people in Discord voice chat.