Starfield may still be a few months away, but Bethesda is continuing to reveal more details about the upcoming sci-fi blockbuster to the community. Now Game Director Todd Howard has revealed the final release date of the ambitious RPG.
Starfield is the next big RPG from the Skyrim makers; a game they say they’ve been working on for 25 years. Here are the main ones official information about Starfield at a glance:
- Surname: Starfield
- Release date: September 6, 2023
- Developer: bethesda
- Genre and Location: Starfield is a science fiction role-playing game that will take place in space, among other things, and very likely in spaceships and on new planets.
- Premise and Story: “Starfield is the first new universe from Bethesda Game Studios in 25 years. Take to the stars in this next-gen RPG from the award-winning creators of The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim and Fallout 4. Create a character according to your imagination and explore the endless expanses of space in almost limitless freedom. The destination of this epic journey? The answer to mankind’s biggest question.”
- Platforms: Xbox Series and PC.
The release of Starfield is postponed
Bethesda lets the cat out of the bag and gives Starfield a firm release date. Accordingly, the new role-playing game from the Skyrim makers will be released on September 6, 2023 for the PC and the Xbox family.
That’s a little later than many fans had hoped, after all, Starfield was originally scheduled to release in the second quarter of 2023. A new trailer has also been released to matchwhich contains some game scenes and a speech by Game Director Todd Howard.
We have included the video above for you.
Starfield: Xbox Reveals Game Length (June 2022)
In an interview, Game Director Todd Howard revealed that the playing time of the main quest of Starfield approximately between 30 and 40 hours should be. In addition, however, there are a variety of side missions and other tasks that players can complete. Overall, therefore, Howard estimates that the RPG about 20 percent longer than Bethesda’s previous games would be – about a fifth longer than Skyrim and Fallout 4.
The huge range of activities also includes 1,000 explorable planets, of which many procedurally generated will be. (Source: IGN)
Todd Howard shows first gameplay scenes (June 2022)
As part of the Bethesda & Xbox Game Showcase, Bethesda boss Todd Howard took the stage to present a few gameplay scenes from Starfield. In just under 15 minutes there are a few of the 1,000 planets to explore to see. The detailed character editor, spectacular space battles and more are also on display.
For example, the possibility of not only building outposts, but also equipping your own spaceship with new parts and designing it as you wish is interesting. As crew members should serve NPCs that you hire.
Check out the presentation here:
Bethesda Postpones Starfield to 2023 (May 2022)
Many players had already guessed it, now Bethesda is getting down to business: Starfield, the new role-playing epic from Bethesda, which was originally supposed to be released on November 11, 2022, has been postponed – but at least not indefinitely.
The company announced on Twitter that the sci-fi RPG is now in the first half of 2023 would appear. The reason: Bethesda wants to give the developers more time to keep the game going. So at the moment the studio seems to be behind schedule – maybe the ambitions were a bit too big?
The end of the tweet should at least give fans some hope again. Bethesda promises that players will see early gameplay from the game very soon. And honestly, it’s about time! However, no specific date has been set for this. However, since you just burned your fingers on the release date in November, that’s not surprising. We will keep you up to date.
Bethesda Introduces First NPC Companion, Vasco (April 2022)
As in previous Bethesda role-playing games, NPCs once again play an important role. Some of them also serve as companions again and accompany you on your journey. There is now more information about such a companion in a short video Vasco, a very helpful and somewhat outdated robot.
Vasco is one Expeditionary robots of the Constellation faction, but Vasco is an older model. With its two legs, Vasco can also get along in rough terrain. Although Vasco can be armed, he has a more peaceful role and is always friendly and courteous.
Factions, NPC Companions and Romances in Starfield: New 5 Minute Video (March 2022)
In the new Wanderer video, Todd Howard and two Starfield developers talk about Bethesda’s upcoming sci-fi blockbuster. They not only mention several ingame factions as well as romancesalso mention them RPG mechanics from Oblivion and other role-playing classics.
Even without gameplay, you can learn a hell of a lot about Starfield in the Wanderer video:
All the important details that are mentioned, we summarize here:
- factions presented
- Freestar Collective
- Idealized Space Republic
- United Colonies
- Fulfilling the space western fantasy
- Crimson Fleet
- Ryujin Industries
- Corporations / “corpo” life
- Even more?
- Freestar Collective
- romances were mentioned
- player can background of the character pick out
- Perhaps the background is tied to a faction that you choose at the beginning
- character creation intended to be more complex than previous Bethesda games
- Focus on hardcore RPG mechanics
- such as manipulation in dialogues – extension of the technology in Oblivion
- Technique: photogrammetry
- Objects are photographed and implemented into the game as realistically as possible
Starfield 7-Minute Developer Video Released (December 2021)
One thing is certain: Starfield will not escape comparisons with Skyrim. In a new developer video, Todd Howard and other developers at Bethesda talk about the development of Starfield and the similarities and differences to The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim.
Take a look at the video yourself – there are also some new artworks!
Starfield: New artwork, trailers and some official answers from Bethesda (November 2021)
Over the past few weeks, Bethesda has released an official trailer, images, and information about Starfield. Among them is one in particular Reddit AMAin which Todd Howard answered all sorts of questions about Starfield – we’ve compiled the most important new information for you!
- character creation
- Choose background, skills and more
- Choice between male, female and non-binary is possible
- NPCs react to your choice!
- robot as Companion confirmed
- New information about the game will appear at the latest in Summer 2022
In another trailer for Starfield some Cities in Starfield presented:
In the As of November 2021, Bethesda has three new artworks for Starfield (Source: Reddit) published:
Confirmed: Official statements about Starfield by Bethesda
In some interviews, hints about the upcoming science fiction epic have already been revealed, but not whether it is actually a role-playing game – but it can be assumed with a high degree of probability. In an official interview with producer Todd Howard on the YouTube channel Develop: Brighton Conference However, Howard revealed a few details about Starfield, most notably that it is a Single player game with a focus on the story will act.
More details from the interview with Todd Howard
- Starfield is a Single player sci-fi game.
- Whether it’s a role playing game is strongly suspected – but has not been confirmed.
- It should bigger cities than in previous Bethesda games in Starfield, as well as in The Elder Scrolls 6.
- It will more and more important NPCs give.
- NPCs will also play a bigger role.
- The in-house game engine by Bethesda has been completely revised in recent years and adapted to today’s standards.
- There is none new engine.
- As Howard puts it in the interview, the Graphic jump be greater than that from Morrowind to Oblivion.
- modding continues to be endorsed and supported.
- Four to five times as many developers work on Starfield than they did on Skyrim.
- Starfield as well as The Elder Scrolls 6 will be released via the Xbox Game Pass be available.
- The details were summarized by KATheHuman on Reddit.
Watch the first Starfield teaser:
Leaks, rumors and alleged screenshots of Starfield
Shortly before E3 2021, the internet shook a few leaks and rumors from social media channels. Many of them are quite interesting, although all always with one a good deal of distrust should be considered. This also applies to all leaks that we list below.
In May, Twitter users @SkullziTV some leaked Images from Starfield published, which were then upscaled and reposted in better quality by other Twitter users. Whether the pictures actually come from Starfield cannot be said yet. Check out the pictures for yourself:
What stands out in the pictures (if they aren’t fake):
- One can be seen Third-person as well as a first-person perspective.
- The interiors of spaceships and space suits are also clearly visible.
- Is it possible to leave the spaceship with a space suit?
- Spaceship construction and crew management possible?
- Oxygen and weapon indicators
- Oxygen management important?
- Is Starfield a sci-fi shooter or will there be melee weapons?
Of course, there are a number of other details hidden within the pictures that could be talked about.
Leaks and rumors surrounding the Starfield
The mostly reasonably credible leaks come from Twitter, Reddit and Discord users who are said to have a certain credibility. For simplicity, let’s all List rumors in short words and then attach the source of the rumor.
- Several Starfield gameplay rumors through Reddit user OdahP
- There will be ladders that you can use.
- Improved NPC pathfinding, better and more realistic routines
- Spaceships can be controlled.
- Spaceships can be built and set up.
- Crew management inside the spaceships
- There will be areas without gravity.
- There will also be areas of artificial gravity.
- Battles between spaceships
- Summary of possible Factions and other designations in Starfield on Reddit (also related to the leaked screenshots):
- Space Nation Alliance (SNA) is possibly a large faction in Starfield.
- AxionEnergy is a company in the game that produces and markets energy.
- Kreet World Base is a space station.
- BlackFleet is the leaked name of a spaceship type.
- The abbreviation TEC seems to stand for a construction company (spaceship construction?).
- Parsed text in Starfield trailer (FHXerxeth on Reddit)
- The word part “Const” is visible in the trailer, it stands for Constellation.
It remains to be seen whether these leaks and rumors are true. At least it is now clear that Starfield will be released in late 2022 – and also that it will actually be exclusive to Xbox and PC. So there will be no version for the PS5.