This week sees the first half of the UEFA Champions League round of 16 second legs. What is shown and where can you tune in to the broadcasts?
Since the last season, Amazon Prime and DAZN have shared the Champions League broadcasts. Amazon can broadcast a top game on Tuesday, all other games are shown by DAZN. On Tuesday, March 7th, 2023 the game between Chelsea FC and Borussia Dortmund can be seen live on Amazon.
The service costs EUR 89.90 for one year or EUR 8.99 for a monthly subscription. Anyone who is not yet a member can test Amazon Prime for free and thus see the BVB second leg and test all other Amazon Prime benefits for a month.
DAZN shows the other games this week. There you can see the game between FC Bayern Munich and Paris St. Germain on Wednesday. Bayern won the first leg 1-0 away. Dortmund also goes into the second leg with a 1-0 win. There is also the game between Benfica Lisbon and Club Brugge on Tuesday (2nd: 2-0) and on Wednesday the second leg between Tottenham Hotspur and AC Milan (2nd: 0-1).
All games start at 9:00 p.m. The prerequisite for switching on is at least the “standard” option from DAZN, which costs 24.99 euros a month. With “Unlimited” for 29.99 euros you can watch the streaming service on several devices at the same time. In the cheapest variant “DAZN World” there are no Champions League games to see.
DAZN no longer offers a trial month, so you have to pay from day one if you only book the service today. There is no day ticket for either service.
Champions League live stream: who shows BVB and Bayern?
DAZN shows all Champions League games in Germany, apart from one top game on Tuesday. This game will then run exclusively on Amazon Prime. DAZN can broadcast both games on Wednesday. The return games in the round of 16 will increase from March 7th. Then Amazon Prime shows the encounter between Borussia Dortmund and FC Chelsea and DAZN Benfica Lisbon against Club Brugge.
- The game between FC Chelsea and BVB will be broadcast tomorrow on Amazon Prime.
- DAZN shows Benfica Lisbon against Club Brugge. Both games start at 9 p.m.
- You can listen to all German games on online radio at WDR Event Listen for free, legally and without registration.
- The summaries will be available on the YouTube channels a few hours after the final whistle from DAZN and give Amazon Prime. All highlights can also be viewed free of charge without a subscription.
- In free TV, football fans in Switzerland can tune in to the Champions League in free TV on 3+ and in Austria on ServusTV. In Germany, the stations cannot be received without further ado. As usual, there will be no live pictures from the Champions League on free TV today.
The round of 16 in the premier class is divided into two weeks. Last week there were already the games between FC Bayern Munich and Paris St. Germain and Borussia Dortmund against FC Chelsea. Tomorrow, RB Leipzig will play against Manchester City, the fourth representative from the Bundesliga in the round of 16. The results of the first leg in the round of 16:
- AC Milan vs. Tottenham Hotspur 1-0, second leg on Wednesday, March 8 (DAZN)
- Paris St. Germain vs. FC Bayern Munich 0: 1, second leg on Wednesday, March 8 (DAZN)
- Club Brugge vs. Benfica Lisbon 0:2, second leg on Tuesday, March 7th (DAZN)
- Borussia Dortmund vs Chelsea 1-0, second leg on Tuesday 7 March (Amazon Prime)
- Liverpool FC vs. Real Madrid 2: 5, second leg on Wednesday, March 15 (DAZN)
- Eintracht Frankfurt vs. SSC Napoli 0:2, second leg on Wednesday, March 15 (DAZN)
- RB Leipzig vs. Manchester City 1-1, second leg on Tuesday 14 March (Amazon Prime)
- Inter Mailad vs. FC Porto, second leg on Tuesday, March 14 (DAZN)
Football today: Champions League live stream on these channels
Amazon shows 16 games live and exclusively on Tuesday. Following today’s Bayern game, the highlights can also be viewed exclusively via Amazon. These are the dates of the Amazon games in the group stage of the 2022/23 season:
- Borussia Dortmund vs FC Copenhagen (September 6, 2022 at 6:45 p.m.)
- Bayern Munich vs. FC Barcelona (September 13, 2022 at 9:00 p.m.)
- Eintracht Frankfurt vs Tottenham Hotspur (22 November 2022 at 9:00 p.m.)
- Borussia Dortmund vs Sevilla FC (October 11, 2022 at 9:00 p.m.)
- Borussia Dortmund vs Manchester City (November 1, 2022 at 9:00 p.m.)
- Bayern Munich vs Inter Milan (November 1, 2022 at 9:00 p.m.)
- Paris St. Germain vs Bayern Munich today, February 14, 2023
- Eintracht Frankfurt vs. SSC Napoli (02/21/2023 at 9:00 p.m.)
- Chelsea vs Borussia Dortmund (07.03.2023 at 9:00 p.m.)
- Manchester City vs RB Leipzig (03/14/2023 at 9:00 p.m.)
You can switch on the Champions League games on Amazon Prime in the browser. The signal can also be transmitted to the television via an HDMI cable. Alternatively, you can use the Prime Video app on your desired device. The app is available for Android smartphones and tablets, iPhones, iPads, Fire TV Stick and many smart TV devices, among others. The subscription is chargeable, but in the first 30 days after registering you can use all Amazon Prime content free of charge and without restrictions.
Champions League on free TV and stream: what is shown?
This season, FC Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen, Eintracht Frankfurt and RB Leipzig are all going on the hunt for the most important trophy in European club football for Germany. DAZN and Amazon Prime share the broadcasts of the Champions League games this year. For the first time in years, there have been pictures of the premier class on free TV since last season. ZDF has secured the small rights package for the highlights. You can tune in to the sports studio on ZDF every Wednesday from 11 p.m. and enjoy all the goals by Lionel Messi and Erling Haaland for free. In addition, there will finally be the final of the current Champions League season live on free TV again.
However, online radio broadcasts on Amazon Prime will be canceled this season. For this you can regularly tune in to “WDR Event” and the games with German participation listen for free. Football fans in Switzerland can watch a game on free TV on 3+ every matchday. In Austria, ServusTV shows the Champions League without a subscription.
Champions League on TV: the costs
In the current season, DAZN will broadcast 121 games live, showing most of the 137 games in full length. Amazon holds the rights to the remaining 16 games and shows one game on each game day. You have the right of first access, so you can secure the particularly exciting transmissions.
Sky is no longer showing any Champions League games this season. Amazon Prime costs 89 euros per year or 8.99 euros with a monthly payment. At DAZN, the monthly fee is 29.99 euros or around 23 euros a month if you book the subscription for a whole year. The highlights on ZDF are free, the costs are settled via the broadcasting fee.