In Hogwarts Legacy you can choose and determine your own house. But which house is the best for you and what are the differences between Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff? At this point we give you all the information about the house selection and show you how you can get extra items in the game with a house test in advance.
Platforms:Windows PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X
Choose house & change house
At the beginning of your first year at Hogwarts Legacy, you will be questioned by the Sorting Hat in a formal ceremony. Based on your answers, he will choose a house for you. But don’t worry: the hat only makes a recommendation and doesn’t force you to join a specific house. You always have the last word in the choice and can change. Only if you want to have an exclusive mask and cloak of a certain house should you stick to a few requirements that we will tell you in the next paragraph.
Even before you start playing in Hogwarts Legacy, you can complete a house quiz and secure exclusive rewards for your house in the game. To do this, you’ll need to join the Harry Potter Fan Club, complete the House Test, and then link your account to Warner Bros.
This is how the whole process works exactly:
- Create an account or log into an existing profile on the Wizarding World website a. Alternatively, you can also do this on your cell phone via the Harry Potter Fan Club app for iOS and Android.
- You can now complete the house test via the profile settings. You also have to do a test for your Patronus and your magic wand (wand). Important Note: The House, Patronus, and Wand results are irrevocable! You cannot change houses again! So if you really want to go to a certain house to get the corresponding rewards in Hogwarts Legacy, stick to it reddit post with all house answers, so that you are sorted into your desired house. The same applies to the Patronus test and Wand Test. Follow the links for exact results of the respective answers.
- Once you have completed all the tests, you can finally open your fan club account on the WB Games website link. If you do not already have an account with WB Games, you must first create an account. Then connect WB Games to the account of the platform you will be playing Hogwarts Legacy on. You can also link both accounts afterwards.
If you have successfully completed all steps, you will receive the Hogwarts Legacy School cape for house fanatics in the color of your house your own magic wand as well as the Skull mask with beak. You’ll also get an exclusive wallpaper back on the Wizarding World website.
All houses and their differences
- Which house you choose has mainly cosmetic differences and serves as a better way for you to identify with your character and how you envision him as a future wizard or sorceress in the world of Hogwarts Legacy.
- Each house has a different theme, and in-game you also get one depending on the team you choose completely different common room to see.
- Depending on the house you choose NPCs in the game react differently to you. Classmates in the same house will be friendlier to you, and NPCs with dislikes for a particular house will also express them if you belong to that house.
- Some main missions will also be slightly different depending on the house. In the end, however, there are no major differences and all players get to see the same ending.
- The 16. Main mission in gameplay is tailored specifically to your house and each one is different.
In the following we will introduce you to all the houses with their properties and show videos in which you can see a tour of the respective common room.
- Leitmotifs: Bravery, daring, chivalry, bravery, bravado
- Colors: Red gold
- heraldic animal: Lion
- Element: Fire
- Famous Gryffindor Members:
- Harry Potter
- Albus Dumbledore
- Sirius Black
- Remus Lupin
- Peter Pettigrew
- Minerva McGonagall
- common room: On the seventh floor of one of Hogwarts’ towers is the Gryffindor common room, guarded by the Fat Lady painting. It exudes a rustic, cozy atmosphere with lots of paintings, carpets and seating. You can see a tour of the common room in the video below.
House of Slytherins
- Leitmotifs: Ambition, power, determination, cunning, traditionalism
- Colors: Green & Silver
- heraldic animal: Line
- Element: Water
- Famous Slytherin Members:
- Draco Malfoy
- Severus Snape
- Tom Riddle
- Bellatrix Lestrange
- common room: Below the Great Lake behind a hidden entrance into the castle dungeons guarded by a snake is the Slytherin common room. In the spacious stone dungeon vaults, large windows offer subterranean views of the lake and the creatures that swim within. You can get a tour in the video below.
- Leitmotifs: Intelligence, wisdom, creativity, individuality, perspicacity
- Colors: Blue & Bronze
- heraldic animal: Eagle
- Element: Air
- Famous Ravenclaw Members:
- Luna Lovegood
- Gilderoy Lockhart
- Filius Flitwick
- Garrick Ollivander
- common room: The Ravenclaw common room is located in one of Hogwarts’ towers and is guarded by a large eagle-embellished door. The entire space has a clean, bright, and academic look with blue carpets, star patterns, and arched windows. You can see a tour in the video below.
- Leitmotifs: Loyalty, persistence, kindness, tolerance, fairness
- Colors: Yellow black
- heraldic animal: Badger
- Element: Earth
- Famous Hufflepuff Members:
- Newt Scamander
- Cedric Diggory
- Pomona Sprout
- Nymphadora Tonks
- common room: The Hufflepuff common room is in the basement next to the kitchen and is accessed via a hidden large barrel. The room has many circular passageways and plants hang from the railings everywhere. Playful patterns and the earthy look make the room very comfortable. The video below gives you an impression of it.
Which house do you want to join in Hogwarts Legacy and what are your reasons for doing so? Tell us in the comments!
Don’t want to miss any more news about technology, games and pop culture? No current tests and guides? Then follow us