Unlockables and rewards in Resident Evil 4 Remake
We show you the unlockable rewards in Resident Evil 4 Remake (Source: Screenshot GIGA).
In Resident Evil 4 Remake, your achievements are rewarded accordingly and there are a number of unlockable extras that spice up new playthroughs. At this point we give you an overview of all unlockable rewards and how you get them.
Platforms:Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Nintendo Wii
Unlockable bonus weapons
The most interesting are certainly the additional weapons in Resident Evil 4 Remake that you can unlock. To get them, you must meet the following requirements:
- Eternal Knife: For this you have to destroy all 16 wind-up castellans (small figures similar to the bobbleheads in the other remakes) in the course of the game. There is one in each chapter. You don’t have to destroy them all in one playthrough. You can do this across all of your saves. If you fully upgrade the Eternal Knife or use a special upgrade ticket from the vendor, it will indestructible.
- Chicago Sweeper (called Chicago Typewriter in the 2005 original): The Tommy Gun requires you to complete the main story on Pro difficulty with an A rank (7 hours or less). Incidentally, New Game Plus also counts here, which makes unlocking the weapon much easier. You unlock “Pro” after your first playthrough on any difficulty. If you fully upgrade the Chicago Sweeper or use a special upgrade ticket from the vendor, you can unlock infinite ammo for this weapon.
- hand cannon: For this particularly powerful Magnum, you must complete a completely new game (New Game Plus does not count here!) on the “Pro” difficulty level and may not use any other bonus weapons (Chicago Sweeper and Eternal Knife). You unlock “Pro” after your first playthrough on any difficulty. If you fully upgrade the hand cannon or use a special upgrade ticket from the vendor, you can unlock infinite ammo for this weapon.
- Infinite Rocket Launcher (Does not count as a bonus weapon in game): The Infinite Ammo Rocket Launcher is only available in New Game Plus and cannot be used in a completely new game. Unlike the other bonus weapons, it is not stored in the typewriter storage area. You can buy it from the merchant in New Game Plus for 2,000,000 pesetas. You probably won’t be able to afford it after your first playthrough. It’s best to collect all the treasures, then you should get the money together. The Infinite Rocket Launcher doesn’t need to be upgraded any further and fires infinite rockets that even kill bosses with just one shot. It’s perfect for unlocking the Chicago Sweeper on Pro, making every playthrough a breeze. However, since it is only available in NG+, you can only reach a maximum of rank S on the various levels of difficulty.
A notice: The three bonus weapons, Eternal Knife, Chicago Sweeper and Handcannon, are placed next to typewriters in the camp after activation. You can pick them up directly from all your savegames. You can also use them in a completely new game and therefore also use them in playthroughs in which you want to achieve rank S+. But note that you have to improve them from scratch every time you start a new game in order to get the perks for infinite ammo.
Unlockable outfits and accessories with perks
You can unlock many outfits, costumes and accessories as you progress through the game. In the linked guide we give you a detailed overview. At this point we want to highlight a few of these items that have special additional properties.
- Ashley’s armor: Ashley’s Knight Armor requires you to complete the main story on at least Veteran mode with an A rank (10 hours or less). Incidentally, a pass in the New Game Plus also counts here. Thanks to the armor, Ashley becomes invulnerable to any damage and she also cannot be carried away by opponents as she is too heavy in the armor. You can equip Ashley’s armor for all of your playthroughs, making it easier to get an S+ rank as you don’t have to worry about Ashley in the armor anymore. Using the armor will not give you any penalties on the achieved rank.
- gas mask: With this accessory for Leon, aim assist can be used no matter what difficulty you are playing on. Complete the main story on at least Professional difficulty to get the gas mask. Pro is unlocked after completing the main story for the first time on any difficulty.
- wolf tail: This accessory for Leon significantly increases damage from melee attacks. Complete the main story on at least Assisted difficulty with a rank of S+ (4 hours or less) to unlock the accessory. It must be a new game, not a New Game Plus!
- Antler: This accessory for Leon significantly increases damage from knife attacks. Complete the main story on at least Standard difficulty with a rank of S+ (5 hours or less) to unlock the accessory. It must be a new game, not a New Game Plus!
- chicken head: With this accessory from Leon, the damage taken decreases significantly. Complete the main story on at least Veteran difficulty with an S+ rank (5 hours 30 minutes or less) to unlock this accessory. It must be a new game, not a New Game Plus!
- Cat ears: With this accessory for Leon, all weapons can be reloaded infinitely without using up ammo. Complete the main story on Pro difficulty with an S+ rank (5 hours 30 minutes or less and save a maximum of 15 times) to unlock this accessory. It must be a new game, not a New Game Plus!
How well do you know Resident Evil?
Don’t want to miss any more news about technology, games and pop culture? No current tests and guides? Then follow us